Archaeology, in a sense

1:32 AM / Posted by Peter Lemonjello /

As I was thinking about today's topic I came across a minor problem. I have too much to write about and not enough talent with which to exploit such ideas. Nevertheless, I shall attempt such an exploitation of ideas.


I know I promised that I would give a detailed background to our previous encounter, but today just feels like I need to dig a little deeper into my personal treasure chest of experiences. I had yet another moment of pure enlightenment the other day. I realized that despite all the negativity that I like to call My Move to Utah that I have really grown in some rather noticeable ways. During this time of personal growth I thought that I was simply sliding farther and farther down the rabbit hole. All I could see was the dark, suffocating walls of the winding hole that seemed ever more impossible to climb back to my ideal goal. Or, at least, that is what I thought I wanted. All of my goals have been based off of others' assumptions of what they thought were my ambitions.

Now, it is a different story. To be honest, despite the recent weight of responsibility I feel to step up, I can really see where I have matured and progressed. I no longer see the obstacles in life as obstacles. Rather, I see each trial as an opportunity to shine, to show what I am really made of. The most ironic part is that I already knew these things. I just never really wanted to take responsibility for my own successes or failures. I now have the chance to do some digging. I am giving myself a chance to dig deep inside and not only show myself but also show others what I am really made of.

I know I come from good stock. My father is the most hard-working and honest man I know. He is a source of inspiration despite the fact that I know he feels like I may not listen to him or follow his advice. I was talking to my brother the other day, and we both realized how our dad has influenced us with things that he never really meant to be great lessons. We find ourselves thinking, "Dad would whoop my butt if I did that." He taught me integrity and the importance of loyalty. He taught me that despite what the world will tell me that my integrity and hard work is not for sale. My mother, my rock (an always-ill-with-something-new and fragile rock) is a source of constant encouragement who taught me that no matter what trial or opportunity presents itself that I can rise to the occasion. She consistently reminds me that there is no limit to the amount of love one can have for others. She is the reason my heart is always so large, full, and strong. My family may not have gone through what some have had to endure, but through our trials and challenges the Wrights have always shined.

Now it is my turn to shine. It is my turn to rise the occasion and show what I am made of. I have learned from the examples of great men and women along the road. Right now I feel like there is nothing that I can't do. I would not go so far as to say that I feel invincible, but I most definitely feel like it is time to take control. I read a quote the other day that said, "Stop telling God how big your storms are. Start telling your storms how big your God is." On that note I leave you with this question: What is it in your life that is telling you that you cannot do something? Then stop asking questions. Take action. Take control, and show yourself and those around you what you truly are made of. It may be difficult. Nay, it will definitely seem impossible. I would have to say that if I believe in myself and look to the positive side of things, then I truly am in control of my life and can give it my all with the confidence that I can do anything.

Think it over. Let me know what you find. And as always, stay tuned.

0 comments:

Post a Comment