Stand ye in Holy...uh...erm...whatever

9:39 PM / Posted by Peter Lemonjello /

This came to me tonight while watching the Priesthood Session of Conference. I've been noticing some changes in myself that I'm not taking much of a liking to, and I know it stems from influences at work. Not that I blame them. I know it's my choice. So here we go. In this world ever filled with sin and iniquity it is almost impossible to "stand in holy places". I see that as society becomes more and more accepting of or indifferent toward unhealthy and unholy practices and principles that the ability to simply "avoid" unholy places or situations is almost completely diminished. How is it that we have allowed this to happen? The truth is that it was going to happen no matter what we did. The choices that are before us now are if we will simply let it happen by turning a blind eye, not only allow to happen but support these practices and principles, fight the people and organizations that put these principles into practice, or realize that we cannot change the choices and wills of others and not "allow" but leave the world to continue down the paths that it has chosen. The days are past when we could simply move on and avoid the wickedness of the world. The only choice we have now is what to do to make ourselves strong in will and spirit to continue to be the people we want and strive to be. We cannot allow that these environments and principles and ideals to influence us and change our focus and change our person. Almost every day for the last year I have found myself in such a negative and poisonous environment at work. I started out with so much strength of character and will. I thought that no matter what I was going to continue to be a pillar of light in the darkness. I wasn't going to allow it to change me. How wrong I was. Every day I find myself becoming more and more bogged down, torn apart, and changed and influenced by the environment and spirit where I work. I find myself thinking that I could just escape and find another job and a better place. However, my wise father, even though he may not realize the wisdom in it, said, "Son, no matter where you go you're going to find that it's the same." I got so frustrated by that. I hate it when people tell me to simply accept things the way they are. Please don't misunderstand. I realize my responsibility and ability to influence those around me for good. I also realize that it is becoming a losing battle. I believe that the victory we seek will not be had in this life but far into the hereafter. We cannot allow the morally and ethically degrading principles and practices to compromise our integrity and change our hearts, desires, thoughts and deeds. Therefore, knowing that we can no longer remove ourselves from certain situations and environments, we must steel ourselves against such a slow, steady poison such as we are beginning to regularly see around us. Satan is pulling all the stops to ensure for him a victory against, not us, but our Heavenly Father. I believe with all my heart that God will not abandon us. I believe that he has already given us the tools and abilities to triumph in battle. He will no longer fight our battles for us. I have seen it firsthand in my own life. I have made horrible mistakes that took me completely away from Him and all things good. Yet, He gave me every chance to come fight my way back; to push through the pain and anguish and become a man He could be proud of. I lack the majority of the faith that will be required of me to bring balance to the negative choices I've made. But I know that I can no longer rely on finding another sanctuary when the night is upon me. I have to rely on His teachings and have faith in His promises to attempt to weather the storm and emerge relatively unscathed. So on that gem of a note, I guess I'll have to get back to work and slay those demons. Thanks for listening and whatnot

0 comments:

Post a Comment